Family Connections has two exciting positions open: Eligibility Specialist and Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist which are both located in our Region 6 Havre office.
This is a fulltime position M-F at HRDC in Havre, 8am-5pm with periodic outreach on nights and weekends. Skills needed:
- A keen attention to detail, accuracy and proficient math skills, strong communication and customer service skills with diverse populations, and organizational skills
- Two years of computer experience including Microsoft Office capabilities and experience with database programs preferred
- College course work in human services, early childhood, elementary education and experience in case management is highly desired
- A combination of experience in case management, customer relations, or general office experience may also suffice as qualifications
Position Role: to honor and support the families of young children through the Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship by developing and promoting working relationships with families and partner agencies, provide coordinated collaborative outreach and support to families, services for the homeless and vulnerable populations, gather data with units and phone conversations/meetings, and collaborate with CPS, Pathways, OPA, CSED, in order to gain child care services for families in an efficient and empathic manner.
- Successful applicant will figure income, child care hours, and be empathetic and supportive while also assisting families in connecting our Family Engagement Coordinator for additional support services. Wage is $16+/hour DOE.
- Employment is contingent on results from background check. Essential functions: Ability to lift 25 lbs., manual dexterity and ability to sit for extended periods.
- See full Eligibility Specialist Job Description HERE
To apply for the Eligibility Specialist position:
- Please download and fill out our employment application HERE
- Email the employment application, a cover letter, and resume to Veronica Moldenhauer email@example.com at Family Connections.
Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist:
Family Connections (FC) has an exciting opportunity for an Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist position in our Region 6 Havre office but FC will work with candidates throughout north central and north eastern Montana. The candidate will work with our dynamic team to increase the awareness and supply of early childhood services throughout 13 counties in north central and north eastern Montana.
We are seeking a positive professional who is motivated, organized, and creative with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. The Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist will organize and attend outreach events, give community presentations including public speaking and interviews, and write newsletters, press releases, and news stories. This will require an outgoing personality to build relationships with businesses, community organizations, and partner agencies. Must be comfortable working with diverse groups of people and advocating on local, state, and national levels.
- AA/Bachelor’s Degree OR experience with customer service, administrative, human services, education, sales, marketing, or outreach.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Products. Experience with social media and web site software a plus.
- Must be willing to work a flexible, nontraditional schedule including occasional nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and be able to travel throughout the 13 county region.
- Part or Full time up to 40 hours/week. Wage is $17+ DOE. Benefits offered for over 30 hours a week.
- Employment is contingent on results from a background check.
- Essential functions: Ability to lift 25 lbs., manual dexterity, and ability to sit for extended periods.
- This position’s schedule will be a mix of travel, work in the Havre office and possible work at home.
- See full Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist Job Description HERE
To apply for the Outreach and Consumer Education Specialist position, please email a cover letter and resume to Lori Cereck firstname.lastname@example.org at Family Connections.