December 12, 2019
We all need to eat and in this season, so many fun choices abound! Help kids maintain their bodies and minds through these fun “project” foods.
- 1 cup nutbutter/peanut butter of choice
- 1 ¼ cup of dry powdered milk
- ½ cup honey
- ½-1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix first three ingredients well.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls
- Roll in the shredded coconut
- Refrigerate for 1 hour in air-tight container.
- Optional: in the mixing part, add dried fruits and or nuts
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 regular carrot peeled
- 9 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Slice one side of the cucumber so it lies flat on a plate
- Cut toothpicks in half
- Use one half toothpick to fasten a baby carrots along the cucumber, leaving a middle space for the regular carrot
- Use other half toothpick to hold a cherry or grape tomato on top of the carrot.
- Place regular carrot in the middle space using toothpick and place two cherry or grape tomatoes on the top, signifying the Shamash.
Fruit Candy Canes
- 1 banana
- 12 strawberries
- 2 bendable straws
- Prepare the fruit by washing and slicing in ½ inch slices.
- Push alternate slices of strawberries and bananas to make a red/white pattern on the straw.
- Bend over the end of the straw to make a candy cane shape.
For a picture and more tasty and simple snacks, visit https://nourishingminimalism.com/real-food-candy-canes/.
- 1 piece of toast
- 7 pretzel sticks
- Something spreadable such as cream cheese or nut butter
- 2 red grapes
- 2 green grapes
- 1 raisin
- Toast the bread or leave it soft
- Spread the cream cheese or other spreadable
- Cut the grapes in half
- Line up pretzels across the surface of the toast
- Place three half green grapes over three pretzels
- Place the raisin over the pretzel stick in the middle
- Place three red half grapes over remaining pretzels sticks.
- 6 soft cheese wedges like Laughing Cow or similar
- Handful of thin, twisted pretzels
- Green olives with pimentos
- Black olives
- Set out cheese wedges, long side on top.
- Break pretzels and insert in long side to look like antlers
- Slice green olives and place on point opposite the antlers for a nose.
- Finely dice the black olives and place two pieces for eyes.
Many more nutritious and quick recipes await at this blog https://www.ahealthysliceoflife.com/?s=cheesy+reindeer.
Have a happy and healthy holiday season!