Main Menu

Family Connections Montana

Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarships

Contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Agency for child care scholarships.

Q:  Do I qualify for a Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship? You may be eligible for a Non-TANF Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship if you meet any of the following:

  • A single parent working at least 15 hours a week
  • A parent going to school full-time
  • A two-parent household working a combined total of 120 hours a month
  • A two-parent household both going to school full-time
  • Under the age of 20 and attending a GED program, working on your diploma or equivalency program

Apply Online for the Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship Application
Download Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship Application Packet

The following is required:

  • Copies of birth certificates and social security cards of all family members listed on the application.
  • Two months of current wage stubs for all employed household members.

Additional forms may be required:

View Income guidelines, For a paper application, Request the forms to be mailed to you or call 406.761.6010 or 800.696.4503

Other Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarships

  • TANF: you are on TANF, Your WoRC case manager makes the referral by email, fax, or the TANF application.
  • Working Caretaker Relative: you care for a child related to you but not your child. Contact the Office of Public Assistance 406.454.5640
  • Child Protective Services (CPS): you are a foster parent requiring child care. Your CPS social worker approves child care and sends a referral to us.

Q:  Are there other scholarships if I’m ineligible for the Best Beginnings Scholarships? The Safe Place Scholarship (SPS) helps families ineligible for the Best Beginnings Scholarship. Call 406.761.6010 or 800.696.4503 for qualifications. Families must reside in region 5 or 6 to qualify:

  • Region 5 counties: Glacier, Toole, Liberty, Pondera, Teton, Chouteau, Cascade, Judith Basin, Fergus, Petroleum
  • Region 6 counties: Hill, Blaine, Phillips, Valley, Daniels, Sheridan, Roosevelt, Garfield, McCone, Richland, Dawson, Prairie, Wibaux

SPS requirements: