Everyone is impacted by the effects of COVID-19. Seeking support resources, education, and reaching out are all positive steps that can be taken to address the added layer of stress.
In February 2021, the state of Montana DPHHS, received a FEMA/SAMHSA disaster relief grant to provide crisis counseling for all Montanans experiencing stress, depression, sadness, fear, anxiety, and other mental health impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource remains available through February 15, 2022.
- Montana Crisis Recovery is a COVID-19 specific crisis call center available to all Montanans staffed by Crisis Counselors. All calls to the line are free, confidential, and anonymous.
- Crisis Counselors can:
- help identify information and resources available to callers and problem solve through the stress they are experiencing.
- provide that immediate listening ear without judgment, offer emotional support, and focus on immediate needs.
- Crisis counselors are non-clinical. Therefore, they do not take a deep dive into someone’s personal life as a therapist would.
- Crisis Response Call line: 1-877-503-0833
- The Crisis Response call line is available Monday – Sunday from 10am – 10pm through February 15, 2022.
- The Crisis Response line does not replace other crisis call lines, Employee Assistance Programs, or the suicide hotline.
- If someone is having thoughts of suicide, they should call (800) 273-TALK or (800) 273-8255 or text “MT” to 741741.
- For more information visit: https://montanacrisisrecovery.com
- There are several flyers and posters that can be downloaded and shared both electronically and hard copy at: https://montanacrisisrecovery.com/community-resources/#presskit
- If you would prefer to receive multiple hard copies of any of the flyers or would like a digital copy specific for your e-newsletters or communications, please contact Beth Rolfe, Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or Vicki Turner, email@example.com and they will assist you.
- Please like us, follow and share on social media to spread the word! You will find great postings and tools for managing stress, anxiety, and coping as well as general wellness tips.