The Child Tax Credit in the American Rescue Plan provides the largest Child Tax Credit ever and historic relief to the most working families ever – and as of July 15th, most families are automatically receiving monthly payments of $250 or $300 per child without having to take any action. The Child Tax Credit will help all families succeed.
If you are not automatically receiving monthly Child Tax Credit payments, the deadline to sign up is November 15.
Getting families signed up for the Child Tax Credit (CTC) has the potential to cut child poverty in half and we are already seeing its benefits through a decrease in child hunger, and it has the potential to reach 94% of children in rural communities.
- ChildTaxCredit.gov This is a one-stop-shop for information about the CTC.
- IRS Non-Filer Tool The IRS portal allows people who are not automatically enrolled in the CTC to sign up for the CTC and any economic impact payments they may have missed, even if they are not applying for the CTC.
- Someone not filing for CTC can still file just for the economic impact payments through the non-filer sign-up tool.
- Q&A About the Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- ZIP Code-Level Data on Eligible Non-filers from the U.S. Department of the Treasury