The Council for Professional Recognition recently announced the CDA Renewal Amnesty Program. Beginning March 1, 2012, anyone who has earned a CDA in the last ten years may apply for renewal, even if their CDA has expired. This means that all CDAs with a credential date of January, 2002 or later are eligible for Renewal Amnesty. This amnesty program will only last until December 31, 2012.
CDA Renewal Requirements:
- 4.5 CEUs or 3 college-credit-hours of training within the last 5 years
- A recommendation from an ECE professional who is familiar with your professional work
- A pediatric first aid certificate
- Membership in an ECE professional membership organization
- A brief letter from a supervisor testifying that you have worked at least 80 hours in the past year
Council for Professional Recognition 2460 16th St. NW Washington, DC 20009-3547 800-424-4310 202-265-9090 Office hours: 8am – 5pm EST www.cdacouncil.org