Main Menu

Family Connections Montana

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where is Family Connections located?

A: Family Connections Montana serves 23 counties in North Central & Eastern Montana: Glacier, Toole, Liberty, Pondera, Teton, Chouteau, Cascade, Judith Basin, Fergus, Petroleum, Hill, Blaine, Phillips, Valley, Daniels, Sheridan, Roosevelt, Garfield, McCone, Richland, Dawson, Prairie and Wibaux!

We have two offices:

Great Falls office: 202 2nd Ave S Suite 201 Great Falls, MT 59405 – 406.761.6010 or 800.696.4503 fax:406.453.8976

Havre office: 2229 5th Ave Havre, MT 59501 – 406-265-6743 or 800.696.4503 fax:406.265.1312

Q: What are your hours?

A: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are open during the noon hour.

Q: I heard you pay for child care; how do I sign up and how do I know if I qualify?

A: Learn about the types of scholarships available and the qualification criteria in the Families section of our website. You can download a scholarship application there or contact our office and we can mail or fax the scholarship application to you. You may speak with any of the case workers at the phone numbers listed above to learn the requirements for receiving the scholarship.

Q: Can I fax my paperwork to you?

A: Yes, make sure your name and case manager’s name is on the paperwork whenever possible. Remember to check forms that are double-sided and fax both sides.  Our fax is 406-453-8976.

Q: Who do I call when there is a problem or I have a complaint about my child’s child care facility?

A:  For licensing questions, contact Suzi Graveley at (406) 444-2012.

Q: If I don’t qualify for child care assistance can I still get a list of child care providers in my area?

A: Yes! The best place to begin is on our Find a Montana child care provider page.

Q: Do I have to make an appointment?

A: No, but you can call in advance to make an appointment with a case manager if desired and to ensure their availability.

Q: Do you have parenting classes?

A: While our courses are focused for child care providers, some are of interest to parents and we welcome them. Please see our training calendar.

Q: I am interested in opening my own child care, how do I get started?

A: Visit the provider section of our website.

Q: What are the state of Montana’s regulations for child care?

A: Please visit the Montana Department of Health and Human Services to view all state requirements for licensed child care.