May 10, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR APRIL FEATURE TEACHER WINNER DENISE CARSON!
- Denise works at Denise’s Daycare with Children ages birth to 6 years.
- She was working as an Early Childhood Professional for 23+ years.
- Working with children has taught her to be patient and listen.
- The most important thing in her classroom is to manners and friendship.
- Every child needs lots of one on one time to become the individuals they are meant to be.
- To show the children that she values them she gives hugs and compliments, lots of high fives!
- When things don’t go as planned they still always have fun!
- Her favorite book: Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw
- Her two cents: We only have so many years to teach these children everything they need to learn so we do the best we can every day.
- Her Proudest Accomplishment: She had one child that was sent to her because he wouldn’t listen to anyone and was hitting and had lots of problems. Through her patience, high fives, and individual attention he is thriving in second grade.
- Her Teaching Style in Three Words: firm, manners, and have fun
- In the future she wants to be a lifelong learner.
- Funniest things child said to her in the last week: “My dad is Bat Man!” LOL